The ASiC conducts research and development projects in the field of renewable energy technologies and more specifically in the field of solar technology.
The following topics are covered:
- Development of new collectors
- Optimisation of existing collectors
- General solar thermal systems
- Large solar thermal plants
- (Solar) thermally driven cooling systems
- Thermal accumulators
- Energy management
A solar laboratory, in which a wide range of measurement equipment can be used, is also provided for the implementation of research projects. Collector performance tests according to ÖNORM EN ISO 9806 und EN 12075-1 can be carried out in the indoor and outdoor measuring station. The optical characteristics (transmission, absorption, etc.) of collector components can be measured in the optical laboratory.